In keeping with efforts to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, PATA's 2020 Citywide General Auditions are postponed until further notice. If you have not yet done so, please sign up for PATA's email list to receive our monthly newsletter as well as updates as they become available.
Once a year, PATA hosts Citywide General Auditions for performers and producers in the Portland and surrounding areas.
Auditions for minors (actors under 18) are held at specific times to ensure that they are seen by producers looking to cast young people. Minors unable to attend during minors' appointments may register for adults' appointments.
Since there are no AEA-specific appointments, candidates who are also Actor's Equity Association members should pick any available, suitable appointment time, and they must present their AEA card when they check in for their audition. All candidates will get 2 minutes of audition time regardless of union status.
- There are 15 appointments available per half hour for acting only auditions. There are 10 appointments available per half hour for acting and/or singing auditions.
- Dates and times in gray are sold out.
- Dates and times in black still have available audition slots.
- 5:00 pm appointments for Friday 4/17 are available only by request emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the orange Register button to the left to begin.
Waitlist Options: If a time slot is sold out, we recommend you register for the waitlist. Waitlisters will have the chance to come on the day selected, and we will do our best to fit you in. More detailed information will be sent to those on the waitlist.
To attend PATA Generals as an auditioner, please plan to do the following:
- Prepare up to 2 contrasting pieces that fit within 2 minutes total
- Show up at least a half hour early to your appointment time
- Dress to impress - just like a job interview
If you will be late or need to cancel, please email the Office Manager at email@example.com or leave a voice message at (971) 803-7712. If you fail to cancel your appointment before it begins, i.e. no-show:
- You will be ineligible to audition at Citywide General Auditions next year.
- Your name will be on a no-show list distributed to the auditors.